- The most obvious is the deliverable size: Smaller code base and the compiled SWF file clocks in at 111k compared to the minified Canvas version at just 25k!
- Flash do not work good in all platforms, for example Linux.
- No need to Compile.
- Inspectable/debuggable via browser.
- Better cursor handling and the is no need to focus to receive keyboard events.
- Have to handle clipping and redraw manually (SVG does better here too)
- Font support is not embedded.
- Access to DB is better managed by Flash.
- No built-in multiline text wrap.
- No HTML fragment rendering.
And what about Apple??, ..if the Ipad is not supporting flash, ..would that be a better chance for Canvas to gain more territory to Flash/Flex??. Let's wait a year and we will see!!. Flash is sexier than Canvas, ..but as soon as summer gets here and freckles appear in Canvas Face then i will stay with Canvas, ..I just love Freckles!!.